Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

my brain hates me

This is the kind of crap my brain likes to pull at 2 am: I wake suddenly, I feel like I'd heard a thud from upstairs.  Kid falling out of bed?  Pause, listen for crying.  No crying.  Cool.

Brain: Unless there's no crying because the child has fallen in such a way as to be unconscious or worse.

Me: Shut up.  It was nothing.  I'm going back to sleep.

Brain:  Of course, now that I've warned you, if you go upstairs tomorrow to find your child's twisted body, you'll feel even MORE terrible, won't you?

Me: Stop it!  You know it's nothing, now let me sleep!

Brain: Yep, you're making it worse and worse for yourself.  Is your sleep more important than your children's lives?  If you go now, there's still time to call 911!

Me:  I hate you.

So tonight, I'll drink some wine while I watch the finale of Top Model (I'm voting Anyone But Melrose).   Maybe THAT will silence the voices.

Today: Plow and Hearth, Athleta (oh, poor catalog, how have you come to me, of all people?), and Mindware.

No comments:

Followers