Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

And while I have you here...

I was in Target this morning, alone--which is rare.  It gave me a chance to really notice other people--never a good thing.  7 out of 10 people were yacking on phones.  I'm not sure, really, why it bothers me.  Why is it any different than having a conversation with person who is actually there?  But it is. And it does.  Can people not be alone with their thoughts?  I know I cherish the few times I get with no on talking to me, but do other people fear this?  I can understand the call from the toy aisle, "Okay, the have the deluxe set...No?  Just the plain one?  Well, it's not here, should I get the deluxe?"  Hell, that's what phones are FOR, in my book.  But it's the walking down the aisle, yammering about your sister's relationship issues with some unseen third party...I hate it.  Just shhhhh.....  All of you be quiet.  And then we can all have some peace.

So, other than that, just another day in the land of the Mood Virus.  Some weird bug is passing through Chez Greenberg and it is affecting each person differently.  Lily barfed thrice yet continued to run about, naked, and jump on the mini tramp.  Steve's body temp dropped to 95 and he huddled in the bed, under all the blankets, on top of the heating pad, and wearing a hat.  I have some annoying cough.  Julianna is fine.  Ben, bless 'im is getting the brunt of it.  He's had hives, a fever, a cough,, and chest pain  We ended up taking him to the doc today and then getting a chest x-ray.  Seems to just be a respiratory virus, but he's a miserable little bot.  Oh, and for the record, the same virus also hit Stacey's house and Steve's folks, each person suffering in his or her own way.  Odd.  Viruses are creepy.

Tonight's Gifts: Julianna and Lily got Breyer horses.  I resisted the urge to gallop them all over the house.  Ben got a Lego set.  Happiness all around.

Oh, and last night was Lily's dance class open house...


She has chocolate on her teeth, but still cuter than the other kids on the class. :O)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the cell phone thing.  It's so amazing what people will talk about LOUDLY while wandering through the grocery store.  Worse are the people who wear the headsets.  I always think they're insane before I realize they're wearing their phone.   And, Lily's class is too cute.  

Anonymous said...

Yep -- drives me bonkers too. Are people so self-absorbed that they can't see they are annoying and rude?

Love the fairy fluttering!

Anonymous said...

Ok...the fairy show was WAY too cute, but i LOVED Ben's groan about 1 minute in, "is it almost over?"  Ahh...the joys of having a brother.

Followers