Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

I'm pushing the odds

So I've met yet another imaginary friend from my Positive Discipline board and I'm still not dead and stuffed in a trunk!  Meagan (meeeegan) and her family were up from Florida (no, I couldn't meet her when I was in Orlando b/c they don't live in THAT Florida.  They live in the Alabama one).  I'm always amazed at how kids can be instant best buds with kids they've never seen before.  Ben and Sean were plotting evil and cracking themselves up quite thoroughly.  We went to eat at Great Sage--a terrific vegetarian place in Clarksville, MD, owned by a bonkers-but-fun former coworker of mine--and Ben was unable to play his usual building-things-out-of-sugar-packs-and-creamer game, so he and Sean and Christian wielded the big wooden salt and pepper shakers ("It's the Saltinator!  The Pepperator!") until the food came.  There was noise.  I'm fairly certain the staff were happy to see us go.

They were all quite lovely and not as scarred by the proximity to Alabama as I might have feared.  Or at least they were faking it pretty well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for putting my blog on your links list. That is so cool. Just be advised, the name has changed from "The Voice of Reason" to "American Humorist" ... for reasons I can't quickly explain. All my best.

Followers