Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Thursday, December 8, 2005

on Safari

After dropping the big Squids off at school, we're sitting at a traffic light.

Lily: Wook at dat, mom!

Me(seeing a squirrel on the sidewalk): Yeah, a squirrel.

Lily: Is dat a squirrel or a chinchilla?

Me:  That's a squirrel, honey.

Lily, with infinite patience: I not a honey, Mommy.  And I'm pwetty sure dat's a chinchilla.

In other news: I just lost a contact lens.  It popped off my eye and I went to put it back in.  It fell off my finger and onto the DuPont Lenzeater carpet.  I spent much time with a flashlight and a magnifying glass (note to Steve: Oh, that carpet has to go.  ew.) to no avail.  I'm sure the fact that the cat kept sitting her fat ass right in the middle of it all had nothing to do with it.  I'm annoyed.  I don't want to have to wear glasses to Florida.  I halfheartedly go down to see if I have an extra left lens from some previous lens loss...and YES, yes I do!  Woo hah!  Happiness reigns over chinchillatown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But old lenses are never QUITE right....

Anonymous said...

It's not a chinchilla.  I'm pretty sure it's fennel.

Followers