Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

So this is Christmas

The barfing has stopped, praise be.  I made up the futon couch for Lily and I last night so that if she continued to hurl, at least it wouldn't be on the Tempurpedic (do not MESS with my bed or my TiVo, people).  I put down towels and then the sheet.  I put a towel between her pillowcase and pillow.  I had the barf bowl handy, as well as tea towels and 2 changes of clothes.  I was SET.  She, of course, slept soundly all night.  I, on the other hand, was on Red Alert and popped awake everytime something in the house made a noise.  Not. Restful.

She happily informed me that it was "mornin' time!" at 6:30, so we got up and I put Snow White into the VCR and fell back "asleep" on the couch while she gazed upon her beloved.  Then she wanted noodle soup.  Finally, Ben and Julianna got up, so I distributed stockings ("Julianna, it is not considered polite to say, "Why did you get me THIS?" when someone gives you a present.").  Julianna loved the little vinyl pheonix I gave her, Ben loved his parachute guy, Lily loved her kalidescope.  I gave them the "santa" gifts--games--and then I stagggered back to bed.  Crawled out at noon.  Muuuch better.

Ben has screamed and cried most of the day about one thing and another.  Steve first thought he was hungry, and food did calm him for a bit.  But then something else set him off.  Getting sick?  Maybe.  Flat out evil?  Seems likely.  It's the first night of Hanukkah tonight and he is outraged--OUTRAGED--that it isn't Hanukkah until sundown.  Whose idea was THAT?!?  WHY?!?  I WANT IT NOW!  I HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH!!!  Oy.  yet I understand there are those who like Christmas.  Go figure.  But hey, some people keep scorpions as pets, too.

No comments:

Followers