Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

names, and too many critters

As of now, the babies are Mistletoe, Latke, Candy Cane, and Winter.  Winners can pick up their pigs in a couple of months.

And now we have 3 hermit crabs as well.  A neighbor girl had one and decided it was too much hassle so I said I'd take it.  And then I read about hermit crabs and discovered they're really very social.  So I went to the pet shop (damn, are their hermit crab rescues?  I didn't even check) and handed them my wallet and walked out with two wee crabs and a big pile of crap.

Crabitat:


And meet Solstice (named by Julianna), Sunny (named by Lily), and Sharkey (guess)


Sharkey was the original crab.  He's big and looks just like Mr. Krabbs from Spongebob, so *I* wanted to name him Eugene (what, you didn't know Mr.Krabbs' first name?  loser.), but nooooo.

Call me Dr. Doolittle.  Well, I never finished the Doctoral program, so we'll go with Master Doolittle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bow in your presence, Master Doolittle!   I can barely handle ONE dog.  

Anonymous said...

UGH! two pigs for us? Um, I'll be a cyper-parent, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need one (just one) more crab so you can name one.

Followers