Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Monday, January 2, 2006

All work and no play makes Homer something something...

Go Crazy?

Don't mind if I do!

Okay.  It's the last day of winter break and it's pouring rain.  So that means it can't snow, right?  And the schools will open tomorrow, right?  Please?  A word to all cold and snowy weather systems roaming around, thinking about maybe coming to Central/Western Maryland for a visit: Stay Away.  If I am caged up with 3 bickering kids for one day longer, I will go Jack Torrence on them all.  For most of the "break" (HAH!  For WHOM?!), one or the other of us has been sick, keeping us mostly house bound.  The squids are making their own fun by picking on and poking at each other, by over reacting to said picking and poking, and by tattling on every offense, however provoked it might have been.  Lily is going through one of those constant contact stages in which she needs to be touching me 90% of the time.  I find myself wishing I could just slip out of my skin like a snake and leave her there with the old one.  Or maybe just let my arm break off like a lizard's tail and grow a new one at my leisure.  Reptiles have child-rearing allll figured out.

Having been in Florida for a week, back at school for 4 days and then off again for over a week has me feeling really disconnected.  I get the urge to withdraw further rather than to reconnect.  Those hermit instincts of mine, again.  So today, a forced attempt to look at people and speak to them.  Julianna is going to a friend's house this afternoon.  I'll have to exchange pleasantries with her mom.  I'll try to hook Ben up with a friend as well, and likely hang around and chat.  Then tomorrow--SCHOOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speak for yourself....I was not at ALL looking forward to the start of school!  Hopefully today was relaxing for you. :)

Followers