Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Happiest Place On Earth

Vacation, all I ever wanted.  We're in Florida right now.  My kids, husband, in-laws, best friend and her kids are all somewhere on the Disney property.  I'm somewhere on the Marriott property.  Alllll alone!  Just me, endless VH1 countdown programing, a big box of jewelry making supplies and a case of Coke Zero.  Life is good.  And quiet.

I did the Washington Post crossword puzzle.  I played solitare with actual cards.  I made a bracelet for a friend, earrings for myself, and started another necklace for a different friend.  I went for a walk in the sunshine around the creepily sterile property.  It always unsettles me when the plant life is alien.   Everything is green here, of course, b/c Walt Disney outlawed the icky seasons and their unpredictable changes.  All the palm trees have OTHER plants growing on their trunks.  Epiphytes, or air plants,are just stacked up on them.  We sold those damn things by the truckload at the Sea Shell Shop so long ago.  I could pluck off all I could cart.  Not that I would, because they're kinda ugly.  Also all these ferns growing out of the trees.  It's odd.  It's unnatural.  It is not the way of the Mid-Atlantic plants and, therefore, to be feared.

Tomorrow, I go to visit heretofore imaginary friends!  Hi Claire, Karen, and Amy!

No comments:

Followers