Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Is it the day?

Oh look, it's 8 am and I've been up an hour!  And yesterday, I got to be up from 12-5 am!  Thank you Lily!  Thank you so much for showing me the wonders of early morning!  And because you've been so kind as to share with me, I shall wait until you are 16 and I will return the favor.  I shall keep a special notebook to remind me of which hours you shared with me and I will give them back to you in 13 years.  You won't be alone.  Your brother will be working off--I mean, re-experiencing--his wee hour sharing as well.  You sister, the Good Child, will get to sleep in, because SHE never felt that I needed to sleep fitfully on the couch while she watched hours of television before sunup.  SHE will inherit the good stuff.  You and Ben get to fight it out over my Beatles pin collection.

We're going to visit Cappy this morning.  If he's a Good Dog, he gets to come home with us.  Or, I get to consign him to more time...well, on this farm he lives on, which might not be so bad.  So yay.  I think it'll be easier than leaving all those dogs and cats at the shelter (except the Beagles.  I was happy to leave them behind).  Ellen, who knows about dogs, tells me I have to start in from the beginning with the discipline and not let him on the couch at first, even though I intend to ultimately.  Lots of boundry establishing for a while.  But at least I can give him lots of cookies.  Or, of course, leave him behind.  Mustn't forget that option, even in the presence of big brown eyes. 

It'll be hard to break the Petfinder addiction, too.  Dog surfing is really pretty fun, but I keep falling for the ones I can't have.  Like this guy, who is named Fido (I mean really, how cute is that) and can't be around kids or cats, and who is clearly insane, but just LOOK at him:


And, on a totally non-dog note (I know!), I got this site in my mail from Daily Candy, a service that points out cool things: Turn Your Head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip to see Cappy.  In fact, leave your cell phone on!  I'd also like to discuss that dog training book you said you were reading.  I read it yesterday and I'm finding myself unenthused.  It looks like far too much work.  I'm sure we can find The Lazy Woman's Guide to Dog Training somewhere.

Followers