Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Thursday, January 5, 2006

future tripping

Is Lily going to call me from college?

"Hey Mom!"

"Oh hi, honey, what's up?"

"I pooped in the potty!!"

I mean, I'm grateful and all, I really am.  At not quite 3.5, she's my earliest trainer ( I figured Ben's call from college would be "Mom, I pooped, come change my diaper."), and I'm thrilled to be done with diapers FOR EVER, but damn, it's just poop.  How excited can I be?  It's not like I was ever one of those strike-up-the-band moms for every successful potty attempt.  I figure not sitting in your own crap is its own reward, you know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From one "non cheerleading" mom to another, "Welcome to the diaper free side."

Followers