Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Thursday, January 5, 2006

my future is now

I was in the grocery store grabbing a few things while the kids ate ice cream in the van.   I noticed a twenty-something giving me this "Oh my god you are SUCH a loser" look.  I realized I was singing along to Huey Lewis and the News which was playing in the store.  I wanted to follow her and either


a) plead for understanding.  I never liked Huey, but the songs were everywhere and the lyrics are easy to understand and the tunes are catchy and dammit you just can't NOT sing them!

b) laugh sardonically at her and say, "Behold your future, chippie.  In 15 years, you will be stuffing your basket with dinner-stuffs and find yourself singing along to 'Hollerback Girl' as it pipes through the store.  You will be held in contempt by young women in black."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, good ol' Huey.

You stand corrected -- it's HollABack! Get it straight.

Anonymous said...

I'm a twentysomething who has been singing and dancing along to grocery store music since I was a teensomething.  When people give me the look, I just know it's 'cuz they're jealous.  That girl you saw in the store probably has NO moves.  

Followers