Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, January 20, 2006

THIS is why the shelters are so anal...

I talked to Blue's owner today.  What an idiot.  She seems very nice, but they totally missed the boat on dog training.  Turns out she's getting rid of the dog b/c she feels like she can't trust it around her 14 mo old b/c the dog growls over her stuff.  "I admit that we thought it was cute when she was a puppy, so we didn't do anything about it."  So, we won't be getting the lovely and probably very trainable Blue.  If my kids were a few years older, I'd be fine, but I can't trust Lily not to invade the dog's space before that behavior is trained out.  And I'd be nervous about it.  No dog is cute enough to bite my kid.  A shame, really, b/c it turns out that Dumb Owner's husband is best friends with the guy painting our house.  And she's renovating this adorable cottage I pass every day and admire.  So she seems like I ought to like her, except for being an utter retard on the dog thing.  Maybe she needed Dogs for Dummies...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Blue. Maybe Lyla will work out; she's awful cute. Cappy might just be your man!

Anonymous said...

I have just the dog for you.  Toonces is small (about 18 lbs), friendly (lap whore), and never barks.  He loves the mailman and play wrestling.  He would never growl at Lily, would sleep with Ben every night, and is smart enough for Julianna to train (I taught him 'fetch' but then got bored with it).  He is neutered, vaccinated, and yours free if you want him.  He is also technically a cat.

Anonymous said...

I've been silent too long!  Although I really don't see your adversion to JRT s --I say get Cappy.  Lila will probably be bad news. Growing up we had spitz (spitzes?) dogs (a total of 4 I think at various times not all at once--cuz my dad loved them) and they are VERY one person oriented--not a kid friendly breed.  Did I ever show you the scar that I still have on my nose from being bitten when I was 8?  Of course there is always the doggie Snuggli idea to tempt you into a smaller breed.

Anonymous said...

LESLIE!!!  Hi babe!  I was just talking about Lulu w/my SIL.  Telling her that she was less crazy than most JRTs, but then describing her in the yard with the big ball.  I do a very good JRT impression, I must say.

Andi.  Your catdog pees on the carpet.  I HAVE one of those, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Correction: My catdog pees on everything, not just carpet.  Thought I could slip that one by you, though...

Followers