Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Okay, I'm going to change metaphors.  It's my blog, I'm allowed.  I've decided it's like the prom episode of some teen TV show (not my life for sure.  I was not very...popular with the fellas.  Even though I was really cute, dammit)  where the girl wonders whether to accept the invitation from the kinda nerdy friend or to hold out for the hot guy or  whether to accept the invite from the hot, kinda dumb/mean guy or hold out for the less cute Best Friend guy.

Last night, I sent in an application for Lyla:


But it's still Blue I think I want.  Blue's current owner called me back last night and I missed her call by minutes, I called back and haven't heard again.  The incredibly thorough/bordering on stalkerish Tails of Hope rescue called to clear up yet another issue on my application, but I missed THAT call, called back, and still haven't heard.  Perhaps b/c I left my phone number in the wrong order.  Does this happen to you?  You go to give your number and just BLANK.  I gave the numbers all jumbled.  But hey, she had it to call me in the first place,right?  Of course, now she's checked off the "Too stupid even to own a dog." box (btw, I saw a book called Outsmarting Your Dog right next to Dogs for Dummies.  How can you check out with those?  Hi.  I'm dumber than a labrador retriever.  Can I give you my money?).

Then there's Cappy.  Who might be great.  Or might not, but I'll be standing there, beside him, and I'll have to decide.  How can you say "Sorry bub" to a dog that's licking your kid's face?  So much stress for something that  is just going to annoy Steve and the cats.  Which is fun in its own way, of course.

No comments:

Followers