Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I'll be found out!

In three days, I'm going to NYC and I don't know how to dress.  Here I can be kinda hip.  I'm all boho mom in drapey linen and funky shoes.  I'm informed that people in New York still wear all black.  I have very little black any more.  I've been rocking the Giant Toddler look, all bright, dubiously combined colors and pink mary janes with flowers on them (they're Doc Martens, so I'm still righteous).  They'll....they'll know I'm from Maryland and I have kids!  They'll know, in spite of my zit, that I'm no longer 25.  Dammit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The great thing about NYC is that those people are busy leading their important city-folk lives and really don't care what you wear as long as it doesn't look like you tried too hard (and failed).  Last time I went there, I wore 0% black.  None of my friends from NYC wore black either.  Then I saw Mike Myers and even HE wasn't wearing black, tho he IS a Canadian and therefore might not count.  So just throw together whatever is comfortable for walking about 140 blocks a day.  If someone says something, just use the eff-bomb liberally.  He'll think you're a local artist or something.

PS- the kids don't know what Docs are.  The kids know what Diesel or BCBG is, or preferably some tiny designer who makes $600 sneakers.  The kids are dumb.

PPS- have a good time!  I'm going to LA this weekend, so we can swap stories of the rich and fabulous life next week.

Anonymous said...

Have a magnificent time!! I love NYC!

Followers