Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Monday, October 1, 2007

This is nice.

Weather is gorgeous.  Steve stayed home to work on the porch swing.  Not that it needed repair, but he did his work on the porch swing.  It's just lovely out.  The weekend, once we got through the hairy part, was nice.  I love the Braddock Heights picnics; there is always live bluegrass music and everyone brings a dish and it just feels like "hey, I live in a little community in the mountains."  I get the warm fuzzy part of rural without the scary, isolated part.  Non-threatening banjo music.  The picnic was followed by the Historical Society's auction.  I bought a print by local artist Yemi.  It's of the spires of downtown Frederick, our previous abode:



I also got some Braddock Heights memorabilia from the old amusement park-like thing that used to be here.  I hate that I can't time travel and see it in person.

Saturday night, we had a bonfire with the Donalds which is always nice.  Sunday I hit Super Sunday, which was fine and productive.  I didn't feel all that well, so I only hit one store and then took to bed to read Outlander.  Which is lovely.  Then Sunday night, Lara and I went to see Stardust at the cheap theater.  I liked it.  It's been a while since I've seen a movie like that.  It felt like a Terry Gilliam movie--odd and beautiful. Claire Danes--go back to the red hair.  The blonde makes you look like Gwyneth Paltrow, who is lovely, but of whom we already have one.  Charlie Cox is absolutely adorable, but since he was born in 1982, I shall have a motherly attitude toward him.  I would like to make him some soup.  Ricky Gervais was hilarious, of course.  it was a flawed movie, but such a nice change.  Just a nice love story with great scenery and costumes and a healthy dose of silliness. 

Now I shall buckle down to a week of serious TV viewing.  What have you loved this season?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So far I've only watched Reaper and Bionic Woman.  Reaper was good, Bionic Woman fell flat.  I Tivo'd Aliens in America, but haven't watched it yet.  I think I'll mainly be sticking with returning shows: The Office, 30 Rock, Friday Night Lights.  When does Project Runway start up again?  And Amazing Race?  

Followers