Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

It must be fall

It must be fall b/c we have 8 gazillion things going on in one day.  There are about 3 weekends almost guaranteed to be nice and every activity must be crammed into them.  Today we had to go to Toys Sure "R" Expensive to buy birthday presents for two parties today.  Got home, wrapped the gifts, sent Ben down the street to Wolfgang's party.  In a half an hour, we're off to the park for the Braddock Heights Community Picnic and Auction and Ice Cream Social.  Then Steve takes Ben and Julianna back to the TRU to some Pokemon event to "catch" a special pokemon on their DS games.  Then Lily has a birthday party to attend.  And at some point I want to take them into Middletown for the Heritage days (encampments and a book sale!).  And  tomorrow is 50% off clothes day at Goodwill!  So much to do.  And here I sit, reading lolsecretz (no thanks to Andi).  It's a combo of PostSecrets and lolcats.  And it's funnier than either:

Last night, I hosted my last Tastefully Simple party.  My good friend Stacey is a consultant, so I told her I'd host one more party.  Only I hate doing that b/c I hate asking my friends to come to my house to buy things.  Even if I am feeding them.  Plus, I"m not a fan of the product, really. The stuff is okay, but it's not the way I cook.  If I'm going to bake a dessert, it's going to be from scratch.  I don't use spice blends.  And my life just doesnt' involve dip that often.  I like all these things well enough, but not well enough to keep around.  I hate home parties.  I hate that there's a display in my dining room.  I hate the pitch.  And she was wearing a shirt that said "Tastefully Simple" right under her head.  Like a label.  Gracie Allen was tastefully simple.  So anyway.  I'm done with this schtick.  Come to my house, eat some food, have a drink, enjoy.  But leave your checkbook at home.

Oh, and Andi's going to have a baby soon and she's made the mistake of asking people what they think of names before the baby is actually here.  You should go weigh in.  The advice of utter strangers is just what every hormone-addled new mother-to-be needs.  Hint: don't let her name a girl Reed.

No comments:

Followers