Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Some information for you

Watched last week's "Reaper" last night, it was funny.  Watched most of "Aliens in America," it was not.  Watched about a minute of "Moonlight," gagged, fast forwarded to at least see Logan being a vampire and nearly wept at the horribleness of it all.  Dreadful.  And I'm predisposed to like both vampires AND Logan.  The writing...it was like someone was writing a parody of a terrible TV show.  Only without being funny.  Just eck.

My new hobbie is making cocktails.  I got hooked by watching Alberta Straub's web show.  Her mojito (the flightito) recipe was just SO good.   So I've tried several of hers and the got a book as well.   Because when I become interested in something, I buy books and supplies.  That's what we do.  Last night, we tried the La Floridita Daquiri and the Caipirhina.  Both were REALLY good.  I was esp. fond of the second one.  It's made with Cachaca, a Brazilian spirit that's kind of like Rum, but made from sugar cane, rather than the molasses.  or something.  It's a yummy thing.  Lest it look like I've hopped on an already stale trend, I must stress that I'm not making Appletinis or Cosmos.  I'm making vintage cocktails.  Like Don Draper would drink if it weren't entirely girly to mix the spirits with anything except ice cubes.  It would slow him down to have to mix things.  I like that part though.  C'mon over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there's a name for your "new hobby".  There are also meetings for people who enjoy this hobby.  They meet Wednesday nights at the Unitarian church.

Who am I kidding?  I'm just jealous.

Anonymous said...

I would be more than happy to sample any and all drinks you make.  I'm just a giver that way.

Followers