Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

largely model free

I realize that I haven't produced anything non-model related in some time.  I apologize for being to busy living my life to stop and tell you people about it.  Right.  Like I'm not sitting here reading lolsecrets and Mimi Smartypants.

So....what's new?  I actually got some sewing done.  I made one drop off at the store and never went back.  I have no idea if anything is selling or anything.  Here's my crap!  Later suckers!  So I made a couple of pillows out of cashmere sweaters that I found at the thrift (and that neither Julianna nor I could wear).  I'm making some Christmas throw pillows for people so very full of the season that the very pillows on the couch must reflect their joy.  I hope to get some aprons done...I found these really cute old aprons with fruit appliqued on them--brand new at Goodwill. I bought five of them.  I can't really just slap my tag on them and trot them in, so I need to scheme out a way to make them originals rather than just resale deadstock.  Or maybe I'll just make the tag really nice.  There's a store downtown that has expressed interest in my aprons and I really, really need to get in there.  Soon.   The laziness...it is so strong.

The Halloween count-down has commenced.  The girls are going to be "punks" along with Bev's girls.  It is very strange to have your child dress up as your childhood.  It must have been like this for my mom when I became obsessed with poodle skirts and pony tails.  Really kid?  Oookay.  The girls are kind of blurring the lines between 70s punk, 80s new wave, and 90s riot grrrl.  But eh, it's Halloween.  Plaid skirt, ripped up leggings with safety pins in and you're gold.  Ben is planning on being a Pokemon trainer.  As far as I can tell, they look like normal people but with odd hair and giant eyes.  So he's all set.

I'm currently reading the second "Outlander" book "Dragonfly in Amber."  They're juuuust this side of bodice rippers.  Just enough history to make you feel like you're learning something when you aren't imagining how very cute Jaimie must be.  Fans of men in kilts, you must get these.  You'll learn all about the Jacobite revolution in 1745.  Fans of the Jacobite revolution of 1745, you must get these.  Because I suspect your pickin's are slim.

We just watched the season finale of "Mad Men."  If you didn't watch it, get it on DVD when it comes out.  Really one of the best shows ever.  So well written, well acted and cool looking.  I can't stop worrying about some of the characters and I'm usually not nuts like that.

Current rodent count in my house: 2 pigs (dear Rosie and Gypsy.  They lives here.) 1 Resident hamster, Natalie.  2 foster hamsters, and 9 foster mice.  Yes, that's right, foster mice.  They are very cute, but the cats think we have lost. our. minds.

Okay, there.  ANTM is on tonight you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 things:

1- One day a couple years ago, Toonces was in the back yard totally trouncing a rodent.  I don't know if he ever killed it, but it was some serious "playing".  I went to get some stuff off the clothes line and noticed the neighbors standing in their yard, staring at Toonces in horror.  They asked, "does he have a MOUSE?"  I walked over and looked... "he's got something.  Probably a mouse, yeah."  "Oh no.  I hope it isn't our mouse.  There's a mouse that lives in our garage that we've been feeding and we didn't see it today."  That's when I realized that my neighbors are morons.   No offense to your 9 mice, however.  They're in a cage and can't reproduce in your house walls.  I assume.

2- Target is selling old-skool aprons these days.  "Skirt-style" AND "dress-style".  I find that the Red Dot Boutique is a good indicator of the best tastes of the masses, so you may want to go check out your competition.  

Anonymous said...

You are like, the 4th person to say how good Mad Men is.  I need to get the DVDs or Tivo a marathon or something.  

And I absolutely laughed out loud at this:

Fans of the Jacobite revolution of 1745, you must get these.  Because I suspect your pickin's are slim.

Followers