Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

today. Not my favorite.

Today is rather sucktastic.  Granted, it's all relative and given how it COULD have gone, it's okay.  At no point did I live in Africa, so that's a check in the positive column.  Bev and I were off to pick apples on a perfect fall day when I got in a rather nasty car accident.  No major injuries, none whatsoever to me or my kids, but the other driver flipped his car into the median.  And let me tell you, that is not a thing you want to see.  Again, as in the purple cow scenario, it is better to see than be, but still.  I really really don't think it was my fault, and Bev, who was behind me doesn't think so either, but another witness and the driver say it was, so I did get a ticket.  And that's just enough to have the niggling guilt eating at my gut.  I think he just got a bonk to the head--he did get up and walk away, but oy.  oy.  As for the rest of the day?  Well, I'll just say that if any of you were hanging on to AOL out of loyalty to us?  You needn't bother anymore.  Again, it's going to be fine, Steve has a gazillion ideas and smart friends with money, but still.  oy.  oy.  Today, she is ass.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap.   I'm really sorry Deanna.    That IS a really bad day.   At least no one was hurt.    Cars can be fixed and husbands find other (read better) jobs.    

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Deana !  That sucks, but I'm glad that you & the kids weren't hurt.  Bummer about Steve's job too.  AOL is evil.  

Anonymous said...

Yowser --- you know how to make a bad day BAD!

I hope Steve is employed again quickly.

Anonymous said...

Yowser --- you know how to make a bad day BAD!

I hope Steve is employed again quickly.

Anonymous said...

Weird--apparently I am signed in on Ritu's account, but it's me, Janet!

Anonymous said...

That is a sucky day for sure.  I'm so glad you and the kids are all ok after the wreck.  That's way too scary.  

Followers