Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Spring? Is that you?

Ahhh...I can hear birds chirping.  This is an improvement over the freight train roar of the wind.  I'm no longer worried that Mildred and her home will come sailing up and smack into my bedroom windows.   Sunday night, the wind knocked her house over.  Steve and I trudged out in the dark to right it (with me hoping I wouldn't find her little ruby slipper clad feet sticking out from under it).  When we set it up she just said "Brawww?" and hopped back on her perch.  The next morning, I went to let her out and she poked her head out and thought better of leaving.  She'd laid one egg Sunday morning, but that was all we go with all that wind trauma going on.  But this morning--egg!  Lily ate the last one for lunch...I was a bit weirded out all of the sudden.  39 years of egg eating and it dawns on me that it is made inside a chicken and comes out of its butt.  Um...ew.  I suspect it will be less weird when we have more chickens and thus, more eggs. And no, I don't have the ETA on those chickens yet.  Isn't one enough for you people?  Get your own chickens if you're so eager.

For the record, I'm now hooked on Shear Genius on Bravo.  Haircut competition.  It's awesome, much better than that horrid Top Design.  One woman actually wept about how much she loves hair.  You can't beat that.

And, Operation Sewing Space continues apace.  I'm hoping to get back to bag making soon, getting Six Gables Originals churned out.  So save your pennies.

and, ROSE!  Thanks for coming by, babe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My hairstylist went to NY to try out for that "Shear Genius" show!   He's such a total slut - it would have been great to see that become public!   Oh well.  Guess they wanted to go with a more classy group.  lol

Followers