Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, April 6, 2007

The chinese food of television

I'm always excited on Wednesdays to watch my Top Model.  And yet, once it's over, I can hardly remember I saw it. Until I saw Andi mention it, I'd forgotten this episode existed.  So I'll keep it short, but I do have a few things to say.  What is up with the head scarves?  Renee sported one for much of the episode, this French Lieutenant's Woman kind of hood/scarf combo.  Very silly with a tank top.  Then Brittany was wearing it, which made more sense.  That weave is NASTY.  It stuck straight out from her head like a beaver's tail.  And then Tyra was wearing a huge headband/fake hair combo again.  Where is her hair?  I grow more and more concerned.  I need answers.

My love for Dionne grows.  I love to hear her say "Day-um" and "Hay-el" and just generally crack me up.  They had this dumb-ass gimmick in which the girls had to make up new names for themselves.  Dionne chose "Wholahay," which is just awesome.    That, and the exchange when Benny medina asked Renee her name and she said, "Nayim."  And he said, "Yes, your name."  "Nayim."  "I KNOW.  You made up a new name?  Right?"  "yes, it's Nayim."  Ah.  Maybe there's a problem with that, uh, nayim.  And let's hope they aren't expected to keep these stupid names after this episode.  Shave them off with Brittany's weave.

I was amused that Jael getting pushed into the pool by 50 cent (seriously dude, get a name) never came up at judging.  Jael and Natasha are Teflon coated.  Neither of them can win this, but they ARE having fun.  The photo shoot was kind of an afterthought, it seemed.  It should have been a big and important one--no gimmicks, just the girls, styling themselves.  But it was uneventful and under directed.  The episode was too much about Benny Medina and Tyra..  But getting to see Jael put Renee in her place did kind of make up for the boringness of the shoots...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And WHAT? was up with the pour-your-guts and Renee needs to apologize crap. @@ Please. Renee is simply being called to the carpet and she plays 'poor me'. Definitely a mean girl.

Anonymous said...

Right on with The French Lieutenant's Woman.  I'd NEVER call Renee a lady.  'Course I probably wouldn't call her a woman, either.  I'd call her bad, horrible, ugly things.

Does anyone else have the feeling that they're not really going to do anything about Brittany's weave?  Tyra keeps saying, "we'll have to do something about that."  It sounds so noncommittal.  It's like everything I say in my line of work.  "Oh yeah, I'll double check on that."  Knowing full well that I never checked on it once and I'll be damned if I check on it twice.

Followers