Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Nastalgia



I was in the grocery store, looking at the German food section.  Mostly pickles and saurkraut and other things I don't want (let's face it, we didn't go to German restaurants when we were there), but then I saw Tchibo coffee!  That's what we bought there, the Tchibo cafe was right around the corner and I could just grab a pound.  Ah, such good coffee it was.  But I am very happy with our current coffee, be it from Starbox (as the kids insist is must be) or the home roast.  But still, could I get a mental trip to Germany for the price of a 1/2 lb of coffee?  So I just brewed up a bit.  I may never get this horrid, horrid taste out of my mouth.  Like civet scat filtered through the devil's jockstrap.  Was it this bad there?  German chocolate is still delicious, I trust that bread is too...but the coffee?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your German is rusty.  I see here that you picked up the "Beste Bohne" flavor.  Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't Beste Bohne translate directly to Jockstrap Poo?

Anonymous said...

Filtered through the devil's jockstrap?  I am crying from laughing!

Followers