Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Okay, I just gotta say something

I'd thought that since it was Sunday and I still hadn't said anything about ANTM last week, I'd just let it go.  Couldn't remember what the photos were anyway.  So I went back, just to refresh my memory.  The CW site is set up so that you have to look at all of a given model's photos to get to the most recent one.  OMG, has there ever been a worse portfolio year?  These photos are just unusable.  My impression is that models sell stuff, right?  Generally, in the traditional sense, they model clothes.  And sometimes that means a weird or "editorial" (that's ANTM talk for "weird") shoot.  But all of these are just odd.  The candy/ice cream shots are jarring to look at.  The gender-bending shoot?  Funny, but who has that in a portfolio?  Those idiotic "four sides of me" shots?  Amateur.  And then this week the comic strip bubble?  The shots are cluttered, you can't see the girl, just crappy.  The only shots I liked this season were the Dead Girl ones and those aren't on the site any more.  Usually, I think that at least the girls leave the show with some nice photographs to take to agents.  This year?  Not even that.  And crappy challenge prizes to boot.

Which brings us to...this week's challenge was the acting challenge.  usually at utter hoot, but they didn't give us enough time with it this year.  They pulled in Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite to teach acting.  Oooookay.  So he wasn't able to provide them with the gut-wretching weepfest of seasons past.  Tyra will eat him for breakfast for that.  Anyway, Renee won the challenge and got to pick "one of [her] friends" to share it.  awkward!  She just picks Dionne and they are each given a T-shirt.  Their reactions REALLY won the acting challenge.  "A T-shirt!  Oh this is MUCH better than a diamond bracelet or extra photos!  Wow!"   But it turns out the real prize is that they get to see their babies.  Yes, this is the Mama Season.  So Renee and Dionne got to see their kids.  But Natasha?  Sorry babe.  "I thought I would get to see Angelina and I coming running out, like where's MY baby?"  niiice.  "I don't know, they just deecided dat I don' miss my baby as much as other girls?"  Yowsa.  You make me proud, Tyra Banks.

Okay.  Now.  Someone help me out. This is in the episode gallery on the CW site.  I do not remember it from the show and in a quick buzz through on the youtube uploads, I still don't see it.  Did this happen?


I don't want to be missing any mockery.

Oh, and they booted Whitney to make the plane lighter for the overseas trip.  Just so you know.  Although, given this cycle's budget, I suspect they'll hop a dog for San Diego.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right.  I saw that picture and couldn't place it either.  Maybe it is in the "cutting room floor" section of videos on the ANTM page.  But looking through those is like, work.

Followers