Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Thursday, August 4, 2005

well crap

We lost a piggie.  Poppy (who in the photos was described as "Sunflower" but was named Poppy.  "Poppy" was renamed Thistle.  Follow?) had been the biggest baby, but just wasn't growing and thriving for whatever reason.  I noticed he/she was slow on Tuesday and by Wednesday, he was hardly moving at all.  I picked him up and noticed he had boogery eyes and nose, a sign of an upper respiratory infection.  I called Michelle at Small Angels and she picked up some antibiotics at the vet's.  I got some kitten formula and even expressed a bit of Lily's Private Reserve b/c hey, my diet is closer to a pig's than a cat's is.  I carried Poppy around in my bra and fed him w/an eyedropper whenever he'd take it.  But he just didn't make it through the night.  It makes me really sad.  AND he was Julianna's favorite, so I have to greet her return from camp with this news.  *sigh*  So I have a dead baby guinea pig in my freezer (in case Julianna wanted to help bury him) and TWICE today I have nearly yanked the bag out to see what was in it.   Does it make me a bad person that when Lily was standing in the open freezer door demanding to know every possible thing to eat, part of me wanted to offer her pig?  Yeah, I thought so.

The other three babies are crazy cute, though and seem very healthy.  So healthy that I can't get pics of them b/c they never stop moving.

And speaking of moving.  And moving on in my can't-deal-with-sad way...I'm loving "So You Think You Can Dance."  I like to watch dancers.  I like snark.  It's a great combination!  HATE the ballroom instructor.  LOVE the lyrical instructor and the cute little hip hop boy (not the one with the B Free hat.  ew.).  Don't want Blake to win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Deana. You have my deepest sympathies. I sure hope Julianna doesn't take it too hard.

Followers