Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Monday, August 1, 2005

School year preview

I took Julianna to sleep-away Brownie camp yesterday.  I can't believe my ultra-clingy Mama's Girl is now able to spend five nights away from home.  I took her and her friend Ally up and they tortured me with loud off-key singing for 2.5 hours.I also got to listen in on their discussions of which boys in their class had crushes on which girls.  They were horrified to think that one boy might have liked them, because crushes--ew.  Julianna said she told the boy that she would help him with his room chores if he'd say "I hate you."  No wonder boys get confused.  The trip home was shorter and quieter and I got to finally start listening to Harry Potter.

Then today, Ben started a week of day camp at the Y.  All day, everytime the phone rang, I steeled myself to see "Frederick County YMCA" on the caller ID, but he made it!  And no one met me at the door, grim-faced!  I'm hoping it holds.  So it was just Lily and I today, a preview of the school year to come.  I spent it cleaning Ben's room.  A Sisyphean task, to be sure.  Tomorrow, the next boulder--Julianna's room.

And speaking of things in Julianna's room, the baby pigs get cuter.  Those big ears.  How they kill me.  Michelle, of the animal resuce, said that she believes baby guinea pigs can fly at night when no one is looking.  I choose to believe that too.

In cutey news, Lily has taken to telling me that she is "tipping toe" when she walks about on her toes.  It sounds so sophisticated.  Needs a pinky in the air.

No comments:

Followers