Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Saturday, August 6, 2005

Cuidado! Zombies!

So, I'm driving Julianna and her pal Ally home from camp (camp songs! Sung really fast! Now with extra volume and laughter!), and they're doing some weird-ass camp thing where someone burps and then two other people shout out a color and the burper has to make an animal noise...at least I THINK that was the procedure, I was just playing along because I'm a Cool Mom...and Julianna was doing the alpaca noise that her counselor taught them (another aside--the counselors had pseudonyms: Alpaca, Angel, and Kool-Aid.  What the hell is that about?  If this hadn't been a Girl Scout camp, no way would I have left my first born in the care of people who won't tell  me their names.  Oh, and one artificial coloring-deprived Brownie thought that Kool-Aid was so named b/c she was a "cool aide."  Which, apparently, she wasn't because "she yelled all the time and was always fighting."  She was Irish.  Probably drunk. ), and it was this weird whooping noise.  I said that the only noise I'd heard alpacas make was a kind of moan.  I made the noise.  Ben said, "That sounds like a zombie."  "Oh, they ARE zombies.  When llamas die, they come back as zombies.  We just call them alpacas because that's less creepy."  "Really?"  God bless the child.

No comments:

Followers