Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Fun at the Salon

I had to take Lily with me to get my hair cut and colored at the Too Expensive Salon.  Thereby hangs a tale, but first, a digression--why isn't there something between crap-ass $25 hair cut and really good $75 hair cut?  I'd settle for a better-than-most $50 cut.  And why won't my hair stay blonde, like it used to, and save me even more money?  Can't show up at the 20 year reunion with a mousy dishwatery brown, can we?  So instead of "schlumpy housewife," my hair says "overweight lesbian."  Much cooler, no?  Pixie cuts don't look as pixie-ish once you hit size 14.

So anyway, I loaded up my bag into a mobile day-care unit.  Portable DVD player, 2 Strawberry Shortcake DVDs, 4 My Little Ponies, Many books, both Suess and Wells, unhealthy snacks.  She was distracted by each of these items for a few moments.  Mostly, she skipped back and forth between me and the Aveda makeup carousel.  "Mommy!  I'm gonna go wook at da toenail powish!"  Okay, honey. Skip skip skip. Look Look Look.  Skip Skip Skip.  "Mommy!  I'm gonna go wook at da toenail powish!" Okey doke! 
Skip skip skip. Look Look Look.  Skip Skip Skip.  "Mommy!  I'm gonna go wook at da toenail powish!"  Hey!  good idea!  Skip skip skip. Look Look Look.  Skip Skip Skip.  "Mommy!  I'm gonna go wook at da toenail powish!"  oKAY.  enJOY.  Jeez, kid... and so on.  Eventually, she found a captive audience in the receptionist.  I heard her ask Lily, "How old are you?"  "Two."  "Wow, two?  You're a good talker!"  Lily said, "How old are YOU?"  "I'm 24."  "You a good talker, too!"  Take THAT.  Of course the child is a good talker.  She hasn't shut up for almost 2 years.

Still no call from the YMCA begging me to come get Ben...

Julianna is still in Pennsylvania...

The baby pigs.  Oh, so cute.

No comments:

Followers