Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Recovered Memories

Last night, Kim and Pat came down to join us for dinner in Cherry Hill (Hi Kim!  Hi Pat!).  Kim went to my high school for her senior year.  We had overlapping groups of friends and were in chorus and theater together.  We were friendly, but didn't know one another's phone numbers.  At the 20 year reunion, we hung out together and had a blast.  So we've kept in touch via e-mail.  They live about a half an hour from Steve's folks, so we planned meeting for dinner.  Steve's sister her husband (Hi Ellen!  Hi Bob! [drink!]) were here, so we all went out.

Had a great time, drank margaritas (there's supposed to be an H in there somewhere, isn't there?) and ate good Mexican food.  Came back to the house and they stayed until midnight.  Everyone loved them. Steve suggested we move to NJ.  Not bloody likely.  Anyway.  So Kim and I fell to talking about the chorus trip to Disney, as you do.  I'm no longer certain we actually went at the same time.  Remember when the bus broke down and we sang "Where shall I hoe today?" by the side of the road with Eddie Cohee?  Um...no.  Eddie Cohee was there?  The bus broke down?  Seems like if I'd had to sing something called "Where shall I hoe today?" it would be burned into my brain, but no, nothing.  I bring up the production of Tom Jones we were in, "And Barbara and Mimi had made up this song to the tune of 'We're not Gonna Take It' about some kind of costuming problem"  They did?  "Yeah, we all sang it all the time."  nuthin'.  The snapshot nature of memory is just so funny.  Some of these things are just so CLEAR that surely everyone involved remembers it as well as you.  And then someone else's clear memory is totally a blank to you.   Luckily, we were united in our hatred of that bitch, Terri Polo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - it's late/early and I can't sleep and I appreciate this post for giving me something new to read.  That said Kim, Pat, Teri????  Are you kidding me? I mean we all know Eddie Cohee is gay, but at least we know his gender. Is this an SNL skit?  Are they women, men or a mix of the above?  And chorus?  You were/are a chorus person?  WOW, I know nothing about you.  And, you must have hit your head in the bus incident. EVERYONE I know remembers their bus breaking down on a high school trip.

Anonymous said...

WOW...ur High School memories are about as faded as mine and I only graduated 11 years ago! :)

Followers