Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Monday, January 22, 2007

From our Readers...

Amy in Florida says:

That said Kim, Pat, Teri????  Are you kidding me? I mean we all know Eddie Cohee is gay, but at least we know his gender. Is this an SNL skit?  Are they women, men or a mix of the above?  And chorus?  You were/are a chorus person?  WOW, I know nothing about you.  And, you must have hit your head in the bus incident. EVERYONE I know remembers their bus breaking down on a high school trip.

I wouldn't dream of confusing my readers so.  Kim's a chick, Pat's a dude, and Teri...well, just click the links.  Kim and I DID, however, date all the gay boys in our class.  Because someone has to, really.  They're grateful, and not very demanding and they like musical theater!  Perfect, really.

Oh yes, I was in chorus my senior year.  Because I heard they were going to Disney.  And, as Kim reminded me, practice was before school, so your folks had to let you drive if you were in chorus.  I was in chorus, band, theater, the "gifted program", yearbook (sporadically), and probably some other clubs that I don't recall, but I'm sure someone does.  I wasn't really exclusive to any group in high school, I just moved in and out of them as I pleased. It's entirely possible that I was being taunted and reviled.  I am notoriously clueless about these things.  As a result, I have better high school memories than most.  Teach your children this lesson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie Cohee is now the music teacher at the girls' school and is Mikayla's chorus teacher. Emma. can't. STAND. him.

Anonymous said...

This is killing me.  Mr. Cohee?  LOLOL  Thanks for the clarifications, Deana.

Followers