Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, January 26, 2007

But we're still not getting a dog

Last night in bed, Lily just started crying.  "What's wrong?"  "I miss Fredo so MUCH!"  (she's sobbing all of this out) "I know he's always beside me [something her friend Brooke told her] but that's imaginary and I can't touch him!  I been wanting to touch him for free days!"  This from the girl who danced around as he was being buried and chirped to anyone who would listen that Fredo had "bwood on his tongue and it hung out like dis!"

Also:  why do people have dreamcatchers hanging from their rear view mirrors?  Shouldn't the driver be awake and thus immune to nightmares?  I'm worried.

Mildred has started laying eggs!  And yes, she's still away at boarding school.  It's finally cold enough that I can claim that the weather is keeping me from building a coop...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have answers to all of your issues:

1.  Bean.  You don't even have to OWN her.  You can just foster her, like you do with the guinea pigs.  She's totally trained not to run out the door anymore.

2.  Take a look at the people who have dreamcatchers hanging from their rearview mirrors.  Really look at them.  Not to stereotype (hint: I'm totally about to stereotype), but these are people who rely on daydreaming to get them through the day.  They really don't want to lose those daydreams.

3.  www.henspa.com.  The Hen Chalet on Stilts is effing adorable.

Anonymous said...

Awww... crap.... I didn't know about Fredo.  That sucks.   I assume from what's here that he got hit by a car(?)   That's what happened to our family's first dog.   Breaks my heart.

I hate to say it, but my kids only REALLY got past it when we got another dog and installed an electric fence.   Just sayin'  

Followers