Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Thursday, January 4, 2007

I'm in SO much trouble

Lily.  She will totally kick my butt one day.  At the Y, while Julianna was in dance class, I was helping Ben with his homework.  I looked up to check on Lily and saw that she was sitting on a couch, with 3 older girls at her feet, commanding them to do dog tricks and such.  Other moms were looking on in wonder, and cutting me "Good luck with that" looks.  Earlier today, I'd been working in the school library when Lily showed up, with a classroom volunteer trailing her.  She'd gotten annoyed at some other kid and then refused to clean up the playdoh.  Apparently just marched out.  oy.  Her teacher said, "Well THAT was a new side to Lily."  I said, "Welcome to my life."

She told me this the other day, "The very first dream I ever had, I had a leaf boyfriend.  He was very nice and kind and I loved him.  He also had a horse, and he let me ride it sometimes.  We were about to move to a new house, but then he told me he had to go back home.  I begged and pleaded (yes she said that) him to stay, but he just said 'sorry' and he left."  It all just came out so fully formed and lyrical.  It was surreal.  She said she had the dream when she was one.  I've never heard her even use the word boyfriend before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!! So now I know why Lily and Emma get along.... This all sounds WAY too familiar. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh do I have a son-in-law for you!  Andy and Lily will rule the world.  It'll be good because we'll be like the under-queens of the world.  

Followers