Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Second Date

I had my second date with a mom I met through Matching Moms.  We met at her house for our "blind date" and it was pleasant enough, but no fireworks.  Lily threw a big ol' tantrum, which is always nice..  She seems to be OKD, has a law degree, moved here from NH, loves old houses, kids have nice names--Lilah and Annabelle.  In subsequent e-mails, Melodie (the mom) was really funny, so I got my hopes up.  Maybe that first meet was just a fluke, an off day for all of us.  So she came here today.  I cleaned like a maniac to get the house up to "Damn these folks are PIGS" level.  Even wiped the handprints off the stairwell.  They have a house in which you are not allowed to wear shoes, so I was trying to be on the safe side.  Turns out she is "a bit anal about housekeeping."  uh-oh.  On the whole, it was okay, but again, no fireworks.  She doesn't talk much, no sparkle.  No easy laugh, no funny.  I get no feel for the kids, really.  Lilah did go play with Ben, which is nice.  Annabelle is an adorable 18 mos. old.  But I had such high hopes after the funny emails.  I don't know though...Why are Real People so complicated?  People who are Cyber Funny should be Real Funny, too dammit.

No comments:

Followers