Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, February 11, 2005

memorial service prep

We went to the memorial service of my friends' mom today.  Steve was trying to prepare Ben, so that he didn't act like a jerk.  "Listen pal.  This is a memorial service for Bubbe.  People are going to be very sad b/c they loved her very much.  There will be a lot of crying.  I need you to make me proud.  I need you to stay quiet and ask for help when you need it."  Ben said, "Okay, I'll be annoying in the car on the way there.  Once I'm there, I'll be really quiet.  But in my head, I'll be dancing to the crying."  Please tell me I'll get to look back on this and laugh instead of saying, "Yeah, we should have known."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He'll surprize you and become a budist monk or study gorillas in the wild or be in the peace corp building wells and teaching children in a third world country.  It's possible (insert Rogers and Hammerstien's music).

Anonymous said...

Hmm...that does sound nicer than Unibomber.

Followers