Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Scooby Don't

What the hell happened to Scooby Doo?  I admit, I've been out of the Doo-Loop for decades.  I never  let Julianna watch them during the big Scooby Revival because she scared so easily.  But now she's almost 8 and Ben can handle more than she could at 5, so I figured what the heck.  Let them watch Scooby Doo on Zombie Island or whatever.  It'll be scary and then they'll see that it was just the old innkeeper trying to protect hidden gold or something and everything is fine.  But noooo.  The zombies were really Zombies!  They were re-animated corpses brought to '"life" by these grotesque vampire things.  It was like Buffy for tots! (Hmmm...And Sarah Michelle Gellar plays Daphne in the movies...I sense conspiracy...)  What the hell?!?  So I had to declare No More New Scooby.  Mommy has to check the copyright before we rent any more of THAT crap.  I'm miffed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah my idiot dh (said in a loving way) let Alexander watch Scooby Doo the other day.  Alexander has nightmares.  Dh's comment---I didn't think.

Anonymous said...

I think that's the only one where the monsters were really real.  The What's New Scooby Doo is still costumes.  Both the live action movies are real monsters, be forewarned.

Followers