Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Thursday, February 3, 2005

He's a quiet loner, he likes guns

We went to the library today.  Happy happy farm animal books for Lily.  Little House books, Amber Brown, Junie B. Jones for Julianna.  Ben's selections: 3 books on mummies, 2 books on the Titanic,  a pirate book, and a book (in Spanish) about The Day of the Dead.  If he discovers that there are books about weapons, I'm toast.  He happily leafs through the mummy books in his car seat as we drive around on our errands..."Hey mom!  Looks like a lot of this guy's flesh came off.  Do you think it is lying beside him in the coffin?  Hey!  Here's a mummy's hand that came off!  Coooool!  How do you think it came off?"  We go to pick up Julianna.  It's a violin lesson day, so all the violin cases are lined up on a shelf by the front door.  "Hey Mom!  Don't those look like little coffins?  One little coffin, two little coffins, three..."  Lily pipes up "COFFINS!  YAY!"  Come along Wednesday, Pugsley.

In the library, Lily was trailing me and said, "I don't want you anymore" after saying "I waaant yooouuuu" constantly for the past week (do anyone elses's kids go through this weird "I want my mommy" phase?  All three of mine--(s)he'd be sitting ON my lap--hell, w/a nipple in the mouth--and cry,"I want my mommy!"  Honey, I've been wondering where she is too.  If you spot her, let me know b/c I have a few things to say to her about her child-rearing skills.).  I made kind of a frowny face and said, "You don't WANT me?"  And she said, "Oh, I want you mommy.  I just making a joke.  You were crying and I was crying and I said I want you again."  And then she gave me a hug and a kiss.  That's why we don't kill them.

Great massive clumps of snow falling from the sky.  Like the snow-effects guy couldn't be bothered to send it down in your standard floaty-flakes way.  Brownies was cancelled, postponing my poor cookie-sales shaming for another two weeks.  And no swim lesson, meaning no hot tub soak for me tonight.  But I did get to put on my jammies early (and that's JAM-mies.  not JAH-mies.).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday, Pugsley...............you are a SCREAM! Keep it up. We'll have to start calling you Erma the Second.

Anonymous said...

Ok, but in the Sandra Boynton Pajama Time book, is it jahmy jahmy jahmy jahmy P.J. or jammy jammy etc??

Followers