Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, February 3, 2006

Oh RIGHT, a birthday party tomorrow!  With parents I don't know coming into my house!  Which needs cleaning!  So, what else can I read?  Maybe I can just open the front door a crack, pull the kid inside (being careful to be certain the child has a pressie), and slam it back with a "see you at three!"  Then when they come to pick up, they'll assume the mess is from the party.  Excellent plan, if I do say so myself.

Julianna got pretty elaborate parties.  Much planning and games.  I'm over it.  I still enjoy making the cake, but really I'd like to just give them some cake and turn them loose.  But Ben wants an obstacle course/treasure hunt..."Here kids, climb over the chair.  Oh look!  There's a treasure map!  A picture of a couch with a big X on it...yep, there's the treasure!  Well done!  Okay, that's it, go play."  See, I just needed to think at the keyboard.  I'm nearly done...goody bags...First, I take issue with the bags.  Candy from the pinata is plenty in my book.  No one needs more dollar store crap.  You'll get crap on your own birthday.  I know!  A lovely Small Angels rodent.  We have 4 or 5 guests...we have two guinea pigs, two gerbils, and a hamster!  perfect!

Well, I'm so glad I took the time to plan it all out.  I'm more relaxed already. In fact, I could really use a nap.

No comments:

Followers