Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

a matter of perspective

Yesterday, Ben was rubbing Fredo's ears and said, happily, "You know, it's really not much work having a dog at all!" 

And I laughed and said, "Well yeah, because I feed him and walk him and clean up his poop."

Ben: right, I meant it's not a lot of work for ME.

As Fredo gets more comfortable with us, he becomes less perfect.  Still a pretty good boy, but WAY too focused on the smaller critters in the house.  The cats are his consuming interest and they HATE him. I feel badly that they spend all day hiding from him.  I'm having to keep rooms gated off.  He's starting to pull a lot on walks, so I need to get him used to his Gentle Leader harness (I think they should call it The Ghandi).  Vet. appt. today to check him out, I'm sure they'll tell me he's The Healthiest Dog Ever.  Except for the mange.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nobody is perfect.. why do think 2-4 year old kids are so damn cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Ben needs a shock collar for whenever he feels the need to make loving gestures like that :) It'll be a reminder that he needs to feed the dog.

Followers