Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Monday, February 13, 2006

I know it was you, Fredo.

Fredo (nee King) is home!



Who's a good boy?!?

He's wearing his seatbelt harness, not a stylish shearling vest.  He's totally not that trendy.  The crappy purple collar I bought as his Coming Home outfit was just a little too loose, so I kept the seatbelt on him until I could get him a collar more suited to his sense of style.  Part of the reason to GET a dog is to be able to shop at Two Paws Up in downtown Frederick, so we went there today.  He's now sporting a cool Earth Dog hemp collar and leash.  He has rosemary mint shampoo just like the people of the house.  And he has an utterly revolting "bully stick" that is keeping him happily quiet while I type this.

Maggie, for one, is unamused by this dog business:


She came stalking in, tail totally bottle-brushed out.  "I...smell...dog..."


She stalked right past the actual dog in favor of sniffing the bag the dog stuff had been in.  Maggie, while a very nice girl, is not. very. smart.  She has continued to harrass Fredo wherever he goes.  She literally scared the shit out of him last night.  But that has been his only accident.  I have seen Allie exactly once since the dog arrived.  She is Gone.  Fredo, for his part, would love to play.  As if.

So far, so good.  His first night was fine.  He whined a little when we put him in his crate and turned out the lights (Lily--"Why is he squeaking, Mommy?").  He was VERY happy to see me at (gah) 6:30 and did his dog biz quite happily.  I keep having this mild panic...Ack!  We got a dog!  This is for keeps!  Ack!  But I think that once the constantly-tethered-to-the-dog phase passes it'll be fine.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Fredo!  You are a handsome lad and you make a fine decorative accent to Miss J.  You look like a Very Good Boy.

Anonymous said...

Frdo is perfect! Hope he continues to do his biz quickly --I mean, it's freezing out there; hurry up dog!

Anonymous said...

He is quite a cutie! Mikayla, of course, is mighty jealous..."But JULIANNA got a dog!!" That, my dear, is because Aunt Deana is MUCH nicer than your mommy. :)

Anonymous said...

How great that you finally got your dog!

I've been reading and enjoying your journal since it was posted on that mommybloggers site, but didn't have an AOL account to comment. When I saw you live in Fredrick I decided it would only be polite to comment so you don't get freaked out when you see someone in the same area viewing your site and not commenting (if you check your stats).  I live down the road in Germantown, but am not stalking you and don't know you or anything like that.

Carrie (http://www.queenoframbles.com/blog)

Followers