Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In the "Lucky You're Cute" department...

Seems the kids have been whispering in Fredo's ear.  "If you cuddle up against her and sigh happily, she'll let you get away with pretty much anything."   Boy is a THIEF.  It's 10:30 am and so far he has snatched from the countertops, tables, and bedrooms: a plastic cup, a plastic horse, a slipper, the tub of butter, a piece of toast, a book, socks, a stuffed bunny, and some paper towel.  His drive to chew hard plastic caused me to get him a cow hoof (Have you seen these macabre build-your-own-Frankencritter bin racks in pet shops?  You can get snouts, ears, hooves, penises, tendons...I mean, ew.).  The hoof was magic for a while, just the right texture,  but I think he really enjoys the grab and go.  I don't chase him and he gives it up easily enough, but geez, dog, leave it!

But oh, so cute.  I mean, just look how sweet:





The extra kid in there is Allie.  She's staying with us until Thursday.  It's kind of odd, her mom called and asked if we could keep her for 5 days.  I suggested that that is a long time for the girls to get a long and could we split the time with someone else.  She found someone, so we just have her Mon-Thurs.  I don't mind at all, I just have trouble imagining calling up someone I only know casually, handing over my kid through e-mail, and never calling to be sure she was there and fine.  Odd.  She totally owes me now, though, and I'm going to the Carribean.  But I'll call, I swear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Fredo looks great with the kids.
Oh and I like how you try to suggest all of his stealing is coming from the counters because of course we know you'd NEVER have chewable items on your floor.
Barbz

Anonymous said...

Aw, I am filled with an overwhelming desire to say, "Who's a good boy?! Who's a good boy?! I Fredo a good boy?!" in that high, goofy, talking-to-dogs voice.

Anonymous said...

I must give him that high pitched "Who's a goo'boy?!" a thousand times a day.  And Barbara, you'd be surprised how much better we've all been about crap on the floor!  Like magic!  Of course, Ben's room--land of a million Legos--is just closed off.

Anonymous said...

It's all your fault. Major dog talk going on here.

I saw the most adorable German Shorthaired Pointer pup yesterday. In a pet store <shudder> but Sean was just oogling it and staring at me with his own puppy dog eyes. We've considered surprising him with a dog for his bday tomorrow (how could we ever top that!), but we've got some research to do yet.

Followers