Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Thursday, February 9, 2006

D-day approaches

So, we've FINALLY been approved for a dog.  Yes, one shelter seems to have rejected us.  Apparently, the dog would be better off in a crowded foster situation than to face the hell of my fenceless yard, the danger of my not-immaculate floor, the clear lack of animal care evidenced by the fact that my cats are allowed OUTSIDE (aieeee!).  So, two home visits later, a different rescue group has deemed us worthy to adopt King.  First order of business, change his name.  We go to meet him on Sunday and if all goes well (i.e. he does not lunge at my children with his teeth bared or obviously have mange) we'll bring him home.  The kids are over the moon.  Julianna goes to her first Tailwaggers 4-H club meeting tonight.  All Dogs, All the Time.  I'm kind of disappointed, I set up the crate and not one child has gotten into it.  5 years ago, Julianna would have moved right in and insisted that all of her meals be served there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mange is easy to get rid off!  Or so I hear.  What do I know.  

You may need to entice the children into the crate with a scattering of candies.

Anonymous said...

Now if the requirements for having a CHILD were as grueling...maybe the world would be a better place. Congrats! Hope "King" works out for you!

Followers