Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Bok?

So here at the Circle of Life Ranch and Rodent Hospice, we have a bit of bad news.  Mildred met her end at the hands (paws?  jaws?) of a fox.  Kind of a storybook ending, if you're a chicken.  A bit of a cliche, really, but she wasn't especially imaginative, if truth be told.  I am, of course, very sad to no longer hear her soft bokking.  I'm conflicted about bringing in replacement chickens.  I liked having her, but less responsibility is always welcome...esp. since we're going away for a week in January.  Finding someone to slog through the snow to check on chickens could be a challenge.  Plus, I'm just not sure I'm up to more grisly critter death.  Fredo died about a year ago and between him and Mildred have been a score of rodents and hermit crabs.  Frankly, I'm done.  I declare a moratorium on death.  Make it so.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm nosey. Where ya goin in January???

Anonymous said...

We're a goin' to Aruba.  In-law time share.  Sun in January!!

Followers