Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

*whimper*

It's...it's...it's opening 2 hours late again tomorrow.  She still isn't going to school.  And she's going through this thing where she calls me "Mama" instead of Mommy or Mom or hell, even Deana.  I'm not sure why "Mama" sounds skeevy to me, but it does.  It has this pleading, wheedling tone that immediately sets me on edge.  Yes, of course, in 20 years, I'd pay cash to hear that same voice.  But now?  I'd like it to go to school for a couple of hours.

So I got a lot of scrapbook pages put together, which is good b/c the only time I get anything done is when we escape 4 times a year.  When we went out to dinner, I had a super yummy beer.  The others had a drink, too.  Then we discussed labor and childbirth.  I'm reasonably certain that we did our part to keep the population of Hanover in check.  I cannot imagine that anyone within earshot plans to breed at any point in the near future.  And really, have you see these people?  It's for the best.

The thaw has begun.  And, of course, the leaking.  Hooray for the leaking!  It shows us where the holes are!  Hooray!

The freeze was kind of fun, though.  On Sunday, a little more snow fell on top of the ice.  Lily wanted to go play in it.  She made the mistake of going into the backyard, where she promptly slid downhill and couldn't get back.  She was in a panic.  So I suited up and went after her.  And couldn't get back.  Now, because Steve was in the house and I could send Ben for help, this was funny, but really?  I couldn't get back up the hill.  I'd make progress and whooooosh back down.  Lily was in hysterics, probably due to that Little House on the Prairie episode with the blizzard and the frozen people.  Once Ben brought me the brooms, I was able to smash a little path for us to climb and then Steve grabbed us.   It was a little Arctic adventure.  But it can go away now, thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only 2 people I've ever known from Hanover were both dazzlingly attractive.  Are you telling me that Hanover isn't the epicenter of hotness that I thought it was?  Guess I can cancel my trip to the pretzel factory.

Followers