Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Sunday, February 4, 2007

For Aunt Carolyn

And then I went sledding.  Yes, I hosted a party for 14 armed children and then I went sledding.  All because I love my Aunt Carolyn.  She wanted some pics of the kids in the snow.  And heaven knows the snow is not plentiful this year, who knows if we'll get more?  So I told the kids I'd take them to the Donald's (Molly's family) to sled.  They have this great sled run, down their yard, across the road, through some brush and out into another yard.  LONG.

Here's the top of the run, I was on the back of the sled, Lily in front of me:


I went down with Lily twice, and then Ben wanted a ride.  And then Brooke wanted a ride.  And then Lily.  And then Ben.  And then Lily.  And then Ben.   It's a long trudge back up, I'm telling you.  Only exerting yourself once a year is probably not the best exercise plan.  Oh, I was hurtin'.

Here's Julianna:


Lily in the setting sun:


Ben, blocking my shot of the sunset with a "Can we go DOWN now?"


The kids were playing in the brush at the bottom of the hill.  Ben and Molly in the trees:


Julianna, building a bed of pine needles:


It was exhausting.  My legs are stiff.  But it was fun.  I'm hassling Bev to install a drag line for next year.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of winters at the Beck's house! The ONLY hill in Delaware! :)

Anonymous said...

Pushing your children down the hill and into the road.  Interesting technique.

Followers