Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Perfect Snow Day

I went to bed last night thinking, "I could use a snow day."  And it came to pass!  I'm magic!  We got a real snow this time.  We hung around the house until about 10 and then headed down to the Donald's.  We tromped home around 5.

I tried to sled once with Lily, but the snow was so powdery that it just sliced our faces.  Lily did not like this:


I made gingerbread and whipped cream.  When the kids came in hungry, we gave them some sandwiches and then some gingerbread.  They watched a movie to rest for a bit and then went back out.  Bev and I worked on scrapbook pages.  I needed this day.

The front hill was...slippery.  The kids were just going down on their bellies like snow otters:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the excellent, vicarious snow day!  My random thoughts:  1) Lily is absolutely edible - still.  She is the cutest damn kid.  2) You have a great voice for radio - you need your own talk show  3) The snow otter thing reminds me of an urban legend (from our big book o' urban legends) where air force pilots would race over a herd (?) of penguins one way to get them to look over at them, only to have another pilot come racing by from the other direction - only to send all the penguins flat on their backs and sliding down the hill.  Your video was a great visual for this - I might forward it to Mythbusters.  Really, though, I loved this video - brought back GREAT memories for me (although I'm wondering why my mother never made US gingerbread when we came inside and had to drink packs of Swiss Miss and watch The Guiding Light) ... actually, now I'm kind of angry.  I was gypped.  Off to email my mom.

Anonymous said...

Eh, I just wanted some gingerbread and I couldn't make it without them spotting it and wanting some too.    It'll even out b/c I never let them have cocoa b/c it flippin' gets on everything.

A talk show, hmm?  I wonder what my topic could be...

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous right now.  I would love to have a place to take the girls sledding!  To think I spent OUR snow day doing laundry....

Followers