Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, November 9, 2007

on aging bodies...

First, a fashion question:  What is up with the size 16 pants with a 34 inch inseam?  Where are all these enormous women?  I realize that Target comes out of Minnesota and they grow 'em big up there, but it's been nationwide long enough.  It's time to realize that most size 16s are not there because they're so very tall.  They're there because they like cookies.  Way to make us feel dumpy as well as fat.  Thanks!

Went to the doc today for hip pain.  I see a nurse practitioner, usually.  I called the office for the appt.  "Who do you see?"  "Elaine."  "Elaine hasn't worked here in over a year."  "Oh, um, whoever replaced Elaine?"  "Well, SHE's out on maternity leave."  "Okay, could I just have someone with qualified medical credentials?"  "I've got a spot with Emily, she's a Physician's Assistant."  So I saw Emily and she's about 15.  And not so much with the eye contact.  so I'm feeling really confident about her.  She thinks I have arthritis and sent me for an xray.  I also discovered that I weigh about 20 lbs more than I thought I did.  I'm at a 3rd trimester weight.  Which would explain those big ol' pants at Target.  I'm not really eating any differently.  "Oh, you're just getting older."  Yeah, I'm not Bea Arthur yet, fetus, so put your little Fisher Price stethoscope up yer pert little bum.  I want a second opinion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Shew....I called mom and read this to her and could not read because I was laughing so hard.  Gracious...I needed that.

Anonymous said...

Insult AND injury - Yes, that is Ellen's very mature response.  I hate her on your behalf.

Anonymous said...

You aren't wearing 4 inch heels with your jeans?  If not, you're doing it wrong.  Watch an Oprah makeover show sometime.  Pants are supposed to be worn with heels and the hems should just graze the floor.  Thus, they have to be super long.  Duh.  

Anonymous said...

I got a new pair of sweats last week and I have to triple-roll the legs.  I'm not Gwen Stefani, so I can't pull off heels with gray fleece sweats.

Followers