Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It almost smells like gingerbread...

 Ah, Christmas time must be near because my mailbox is about to snap under the weight of the catalogs.  Today I got:

Garnet Hill (clothes I would love to buy if I were rich and thin instead of the opposite of those things)

Smith+noble (for people who dedicate a lot of thought to window "treatments."  I am not that gal.)

Metropolitan Museum of Art Store (for people unaware that you can buy all of the stuff in this catalog in other catalogs for a lot less money.  But it wouldn't be from the Met.)

Sierra Woman Traditions (one of many, many catalogs that Sierra Trading piles on me.  My job doesn't involve leaving the house, so I don't even open this one)

The Country House (why on EARTH am I getting this one?  What mailing list am I on that suggests that I would love to store my toilet brush in a replica of an outhouse?)

Woolrich (they have a catalog?  I don't own a yellow lab, so I don't open this one, either)

Constructive Playthings (cheap toys with many pieces.  Right into the ol' paper bin with this one)

Oriental Trading Beads (must. not. open. Must. Be. Strong!)

Land's End Men (Steve's not needing a whole lot of ties right now)

Beautyhabit Modern Lux Apothecary essentials (yeeeah.  I have no idea)

and, from the "friends of public radio," the Pretty Good Goods catalog (title tells you all you need to know.  could be called Twee Things.  Or Things that Make You Say "Oh, ho!  Now THAT is a clever oven mitt!")

Okay, that's all I have to say right now.  I have to put on my back brace and haul this lot to the recycling bin...

ETA:  Oh STOP it.  I accidentally looked into the prettygood goods catalog.  I expected the handblown glass ornaments of dogs, which can be labs, goldens, westies, or corgis (seriously), but THIS?

What time is it? It’s always now. Live in the moment and celebrate that fact with a “watch” devoid of hands, quartz movement, or day-date window. Instead, the face is an etched pebble, and the “jewels” are simply the sands of time

Oh, and it costs $50. 

That makes me want to punch somebody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to at least look through Sierra Trading Post.  If you order something from them and you don't feel that your transaction was handled in a manner consistent with the teachings of Jesus, you can complain.  For real.  Says as much on the inside cover.

The only two I still get are LL Bean and Eddie Bauer.  Brent and I are duck hunter chic, you know.

Followers