Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Happy Birthday Miss Nanna!

It's happened.  I have an 8 year old.  Eight just seems so...Kid.  Not little kid, but Kid.  I mean, I can remember being 8, for petesakes.  I guess that means that now she'll start squirreling away every wrong I inflict on her, stewing over it in her adulthood...

Julianna's a great kid.  She gave us the hardest time getting out, but once we got her, she's been pretty easy.  Well, by comparison.  And okay, she was kind of a hellish infant.  And I carried her in a sling until she was 2 and a half and weighed 35 lbs, but still.  All in all a great kid.  She's smart and kind and beautiful.  She has far more concern for others than I've ever modeled, so it's all coming from inside her.  She's much more patient with her siblings than I ever was with mine.  She tries her best, she is outraged by injustice to others.  I'm proud of her.  And just look at her:


And back when she was the Only:





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deana, she is just a doll. Happy Birthday girl!

Liz

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her! Beautiful photos........time goes so fast!

Anonymous said...

Clearly she gets it all from me.

Anonymous said...

Ack!  8 is old!  Maggie turned 8 yesterday and I was thinking the same thing about reemmbering being 8!!!  Julianna is beautiful!  I hope she had a great birthday!

Followers