Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Greetings from Sick Bay

So the night of Julianna's slumber party (which turned out to only be one kid, which is nice), Lily woke at midnight, puking her guts out.  And she continued to barf, for about 24 hours.  Now she has a fever, but isn't barfing as much.   She can warn me that it's coming, now.  She moans, puts her hands to her mouth, shakes her head, and says "Mommy, I not going to fwow up."  Grab the towel.  She's been nursing non-stop.  My milk supply has probably been shocked into over-production and when she gets better I'm going to be engorged...not looking forward to THAT.  Hey, maybe I could get a stomach virus AND mastitis!  Anyway, I'm just glad the barfing has slowed.  I was standing in the bathroom, washing my hands, looking in the mirror thinking, "In the J.Crew catalog, this shirt looked a lot better.  I suppose there's a reason why they don't model them on saggy-boobed, vomit covered, sleep deprived matrons..."

Picking up laundry in Ben's room, I found this:


Now I'm wondering: send him to military boarding school or just hire a full-time chaparone?  I mean, he's clearly trouble.  But he just looks like an angel when he's sleeping.  Well, the angel of a pirate, anyway...


Julianna's birthday party was a success.  The girls--Ally, Allie, and Rhiannon (whose mom doesn't STRIKE me as a huge Stevie Nicks fan, no witchy scarves or pentagrams, or lace up moccasin boots.  Doesn't even smell like patchouli) arrived at 5.  While waiting for the pizza, they played Apples to Apples Jr. and a life-sized board game Julianna made up after being inspired by Imaginary Annabelle and then she gave them a "which Only Hearts Club Doll are you most like?" quiz.  They all decided they were a mixture of Lily Rose and Taylor Angelique. Julianna disagrees, but hey.  We had pizza, and then cake and ice cream (ice cream from Cold Stone, of course--cheesecake w/blueberries, graham cracker crust, and whipped topping and cotton candy w/pop rocks and sprinkles).  Here's the sleeping bag cake:


Thenthey played all sorts of games--I even taught them Rock School, which I don't recall involving tears, but what do I know?--until the Allisons' moms came to get them.  Next morning, Steve took them to Build-a-Bear.  Lucky them, because Steve let them have their way at the store, making for VERY happy little girls (and Ben):


They brought Lily home a kitty in a poodle skirt, which she loved.  Poor little monkey.  Alrighta.  Sleep deprivation has killed my funny, so more later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deana's first reaction was, "well that explains a lot", but I was actually pleased that Ben found my old copy of Nietzsche, because maybe now somebody will be able to explain it to me.

Anonymous said...

Ben sounds like a real handful!  Love him!

Anonymous said...

Loved the cake BTW!  

Followers