Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Goo Goo Goo Joob

It's all right now...of course, it's after midnight, but still.  I can breathe in here.  It's been one of those days where it's so hot and humid that showers just keep breaking out randomly.  We went to the Middletown carnival tonight and it kept...sneezing rain.  Just as refreshing as it sounds.

I got into a Beatles argument with Jerry.  He mentioned that a friend had paid $500 to see Paul McCartney (honestly, every time I see that poster of him in the Starbucks, I want to poke him in the eye. You're 75 years old, dude.  You are so past cute.  Stop it.) and I said that I wouldn't pay that for the Beatles Back From The Dead Tour.  And HE said...deep breath..."It would be the same thing, since McCartney WAS the Beatles."  Seriously.  He said that.  When my head stopped spinning around shooting flames outta my eyes, I said, "The Beatles without John Lennon is The Monkeys."    Jerry retorted, gesturing at the band a yonder, "So what do you think they'll play first-- a Lennon or McCartney tune?"  I looked at them.  Sequined vests.  One dude in a band hat.  Whimsical mustaches..."I'm gonna go with McCartney there."  He realized his flawed analogy.  "Okay, if you went around here asking people to name a Beatles tune, I bet almost all of them would name one penned by McCarney."  "Probably.  But if I went someplace cool..."  Bev was cracking up.  But seriously?  Revolution?  In My Life?  Norwegian Wood?  Girl?  C'mon!  He can have "Michelle."  Philistine.  And I'll just leave my brief childhood marriage to Ringo unspoken.  I'm quite sure that "Octopus' Garden" is an undiscovered work of genius.

Good to know that arguments I had in junior high can still be relevant 28 years later.

More to come in the next cool snap.  I shall go to bed humming Across the Universe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, Fool on the Hill, Something, Sgt. Pepper, Penny Lane, Paperback Writer, Michelle, Long and Winding Road, Elanor Rigby, Blackbird, Let it Be, Hey Jude, Back in the USSR, Get Back.....

I stand by my statement.

Jerry

Followers