Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

DONE!!

I finished The Deathly Hallows.  I'll give it a couple of days and then I'll warn you of spoilers.  Meanwhile, enjoy pictures from the party at the library...


Bev and I as the Trelawny twins.  Luckily our friend Lara just happened to have a crystal ball!  You can't really tell, but I smeared my lipstick as if I'd been hitting the cooking sherry and was wearing mismatched socks with slippers.  I do love me a costume.  I was always the kid that went just a bit too far on spirit days in high school.

Julianna was Hermione, of course.  And yes, I did try to be in every picture.  Why do you ask?


Molly was the Whomping Willow.  Genius.  Apparently, it was Julianna's idea, but she doesn't have her mothers tendency toward Glory Hog.  Yet.


But the Ford Anglia on the hat was pure Molly.  And the perfect touch:


Julianna and Blair (as Madame Rosemerta) making quills:


Look! Real Weasleys!


I cast a fortune for Tonks and Harry (Rhiannon and Owen.  Wee Aidan with Weasley orange hair evaded the photo):


Library employees were made up by a local make up school or some such.  They looked great.  Observe!


And then the book!  Woo!  Luckily we were in the first 20 or so people.  There was ONE register open.  Borders had come to the library to sell, but didn't send enough registers for the task.  Or perhaps they could have let us buy tickets for a book throughout the night, to be exchanged, swiftly, for a book at midnight.  but no.  Anyway.  I cannot imagine why people waited when a few hours later, there's be truckloads of them at every store on earth.


Okay, now go read it so we can chat!

No comments:

Followers